Did you guys know that Freud is now a brand? There are action figures, slippers, posters with freudian slips and a plethora of other random items. When any of these things are bought his family gets a percentage of the profits.
There are slippers:
http://www.bunnyslippers.com/novelty-slippers/freudian-slippers.php?gclid=CKObrcaauZ4CFVw55Qody3Gkhw
Action figures:
http://www.stupid.com/fun/SIGM.html
Posters:
http://www.allposters.com/-sp/What-s-On-a-Man-s-Mind-Sigmund-Freud-Posters_i96866_.htm
I thought the idea that he is now a marketing tactic and no longer a valid psychoanalysist was amusing. Anyone else have any thoughts on this phenomenon?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is too funny!
ReplyDeleteI guess our culture can make money off of anything now, right?!
I find the action figure's sales pitch to be particularly funny...
"Freud believed in the power of dreams. But in his wildest imagination he never dreamed he'd be turned into a toy such as this."
I'm sure he had no idea what was coming!
That poster is brilliant. It's like the picture that's a duck and a rabbit, but more clever.
ReplyDeleteI am now the proud owner of a pair of Freudian Slippers. They will go well with the Freudian Slips (reminder notes) on my desk :D
ReplyDelete