I've been reading a lot of websites that talk about how Freud's theories are pretty much rejected in today's society. However, I also found on a few websites that there are almost 50,000 licensed therapists in the US. Therapy is basically the practice of having someone to talk to your feelings about...isn't this essentially what Freud was leading up to?
Freud's free association theories--explained here--http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_association_(psychology)
have to do with talking freely about a subject. Talking about something that is bothering you, as we all have experienced, often makes you feel better. How can so many people reject Freud's theories when so many people in the US are PAYING to put his theories into action? I thought the words of one of the speakers on October 3rd summed this up nicely when he said, "to reject Freud is to reject ourselves". After all, if we are using his practices, we must have at least a little bit of faith in him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.